Enzymes in the Environment:
Activity, Ecology & Applications
Bangor, Wales, United Kingdom
24 to 27 July, 2016
The Conference Location
The conference is being held on the Bangor University Campus in the Neuadd Reichel building on the Ffriddoedd Road. At the building conference lectures will be held in the Main Hall. .
There is parking close to the site and the Conference Facility is a about 10-15 minute stroll to most of the accommodations, including the Management Centre Hotel. The Ffriddoedd student accommodation is right by the Neuadd Reichel. When you get your registration bag (available Sunday from 15:00 to 22:00 in the Management Centre Hotel or at Neuadd Reichel building from Monday on) you will have maps as a guide to the local hotels and the conference venue (Neuadd Reichel).
Lunch and morning and afternoon refreshments are all served close to the meeting rooms. Lunch is a two course buffet, and morning and afternoon refreshments consists of tea, coffee and pastries.
FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT – Travelling to Bangor
Liverpool and Manchester are the two closest major international airports to Bangor, with direct flights serving most major international cities in Europe (Liverpool and Manchester) and North America / Asia (Manchester only).
There are a number of options for getting to Bangor from either of these stations, as detailed below:
- We may be able to offer a minibus/coach service from each airport, depending on demand and arrival times. For those interested in this service, please fill in this online form and we will contact you with more information in due course – http://goo.gl/forms/I2uImrIdj2lCSm9p2
- There will be a fee for the minibus/coach, but this will be cheaper than either the train or taxi.
- You could take the train:
- Liverpool – Take the 80A or 86A connecting bus service to Liverpool South Parkway train station. From there it is a 3 hour train journey involving 2 changes (Liverpool Lime Street and Chester).
- Manchester – the train station is located within the airport building and is within walking distance but is some distance; follow signs for ‘The Station’ at which some point you will see the office where buy train tickets (here they will give specific information on which train and track and which city/station where you will need to change trains). From the train station it is a 2-3 hour journey to Bangor, involving 1 or 2 changes.
- Finally, you could pre-book a taxi. This is the easiest but most expensive option. This site may help – http://www.airporttaxis-uk.co.uk/Manchester/qqto.htm, the cost is approximately £120 for a one way trip. It is possible to take a taxi from the airport to Bangor without pre-booking, but this would be more expensive (well over £200).
From the South/North/East England: In most cases, the fastest route to Bangor is the A55 expressway along the north Wales coast.
Bangor is on the main line to Holyhead and is served by direct trains from London Euston (around 3.5 hours travelling time), Manchester (around 2.5 hours travelling time), Birmingham (around 3 hours travelling time) and Cardiff (around 4 hours travelling time). Bangor train station is a short walk from the conference venues.
Please use the following website for train times – http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
Getting to the conference venue
Delegates can register at the conference from 3-9 pm on Sunday 24th July at the Management Centre Hotel (building 60 on the map) in the Hugh Owen Hall, where many delegates will be residing. There is also a Welcome Mixer from 6-8pm at the Management Centre Hotel.
The conference is being held in Neuadd Reichel Building (Building 17 on the map), from 8am on Monday 25th July to Wednesday, 28th July. Registration for the duration of the conference will take place at this venue from 8am on Monday 25th July. The venue is within a 15 minute walk of most locations in Bangor, including the Management Centre Hotel. It is less than 5 minutes from the Ffriddoedd residential site.
Directions from the train station to Management Centre Hotel and Other Hotels
To reach the Management Centre Hotel from the Bangor Train Station, turn left onto Holyhead Road and proceed for approximately 500 metres, take a right onto College Road and then another 500 metres until you see signs for the entrance to the Management Centre Hotel on your left. If you are staying at another Hotel, please contact them and ask for directions or it may be best to take a taxi as Bangor is hilly and may be difficult to navigate the streets towing luggage. It takes about 15 minutes to walk from the Train Station to the Management Centre Hotel – so if your luggage is unwieldy, it may be worth it to take a taxi.
Directions from the train station to Neuadd Reichel
As you leave the station, turn left onto Holyhead Road and proceed for approximately 400 metres, take a left onto Ffriddoedd Road and proceed another 700 metres until you see signs for the Neuadd Reichel on your right.
Travel Emergency Contacts: Gregg Robert Ashcroft: 0044 7734353145, +44 7734353145
Timothy Jones: 00447852477527, +447852477527